We’re Hiring! Maintenance Tech for Gonzales, LA Area
Responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing, or arranging for repairs of all building operating systems on the site. Will be assigned to multiple locations. Must be available for after hour emergency calls.
- Responsible for all preventative maintenance, necessary maintenance and minor repairs to the buildings mechanical, electrical, HVAC and plumbing systems. Must be able to act upon any conditions that are out of the ordinary.
- Conduct periodic general preventative maintenance on mechanical, electrical, HVAC and plumbing systems.
- Prepare and maintain maintenance logs and records. Familiarity with preventative maintenance and work order software systems.
- Maintain organized files.
- Ensure company vehicles are properly maintained.
- Identifies opportunities and recommends methods to improve service, work processes, and financial performance. E.G., expense management. Assists in the implementation of quality improvement initiatives.
- Assists co-workers in the completion of tasks and assignments to ensure continuity of service. Orients new co-workers and actively supports teamwork throughout the company.
- Available after hours and weekends as needed by our clients.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25,000.00 to $30,000.00 /year
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Universal – EPA certification or ability to obtain
Five years in a maintenance position or related field
- Must have working knowledge of building mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, life safety, fire protection and security systems to ensure proper operations.
- Required to be familiar with and use all hand tools and power tools common to the skills listed and be well versed in the disciplines mentioned above
- Knowledge of procedures and safety in the operation of tools and equipment
- Computer proficiency, including, but not limited to: typing, Microsoft Office (including Outlook email), and Internet usage, as well as texting capabilities
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills for internal and external communication
- Discretion, good judgment, organizational, and management skills
- Initiative and the ability to work independently
- Some heavy lifting and considerable moving of equipment required, occasionally of up to 100 lbs.
- Frequently climb and work from ladders and scaffolds
- Occasionally crawl, work on knees, and work in unusual positions
- Travel required to respond to client needs
- Occasional after-hours and weekend projects required
Posted: October 30, 2017