6 Questions to Ask Potential Facility Management Service Providers
Are you (or your in-house facility manager) getting overwhelmed with the day-to-day for facility management and maintenance? You may have started thinking about outsourcing your maintenance needs or switching your facility management providers. When you consider outsourcing or switching providers, consider the following:
- Do they have specialization? Does your Facility Management firm specialize in Financial Institutions? There are special skill sets and code requirements for both professional and blue collar staff staff serving Financial Institutions.
- Do they have current experience? Are the partners and staff seasoned specialists? Will the staff that is assigned to your engagement be experienced in the industry?
- Do they offer Value-Add Services? Is the firm focused on providing value-added services? Does the firm provide generic services developed on a template or do they listen and develop a scope of work that suits your needs? Are they constantly striving to provide additional value added services to help you manage your facilities better?
- Do they prioritizing service? Does the firm prioritize service over fees? Are the current or prospective fees so “lean” that Facility Management firms have to charge extra every time there is a slight deviation from the original scope of work?
- Do they offer On-Time Scheduling? Are services provided in a timely manner? Are your Preventive Maintenance visits on schedule and delivered in a professional manner. Are consulting engagements (strategic facilities planning, feasibility studies, assessments and so on) delivered with an appropriate level of pre-planning and completed in a timely manner?
- Are they a full service advisor? Is your service provider a trusted advisor? Can your service provider offer advice on a wide range of services like architecture, construction, real estate and strategic facilities planning?
Labarre is dedicated to providing facility management services to institutions in the entire Gulf Region with trained, experienced managers, technicians, and consulting teams available for architecture, construction, real estate, and strategic facility planning. Call us to find out what we can do for you and your buildings: 225.664.1934
Posted: July 31, 2017